Everyone talks about their experiences or what they think they know.
Unfortunately, you can’t change that.
Word of Mouth (WOM) Marketing is often the most powerful form of advertising. The original social media platform.
64% of consumers search online for reviews and a HUGE 92% believe brand recommendations from friends and family. So then why do only 33% of businesses actively seek and collect reviews?
If consumers value word of mouth and marketers believe it is effective, then why aren’t you more focused on it?
Give consumers different ways to talk and share. Let them know that they are important to you and that sharing their opinions is important to you. Help them find ways to share within their circles and find ways to help move their conversations around. Give them reasons to talk.
Follow our handy 7 point word of mouth checklist to help you make your customers messages make you more money.
- Encourage user generated content
- Share customers’ reviews based on the service you have provided; ideally through video, images as well as words.
- Share product ratings or product video reviews.
- Offer an incentive
- Create a referral programme
- Connect with industry influencers
- Offer a unique, share worthy experience
Other quick WOM wins
- Crowdsource feedback to make staff and support improvements
- Ask for reviews – especially when things are going well – add it to your processes
- Identify and nurture your top customers
- Use tools to automate the process
- Use Social Media as a referral channel
- Staff training
- Review your customer service gestures – STAND OUT AND MAKE MORE MONEY!
If you want a more in-depth discussion about how to approach these strategies please contact the golddust team and take your WOM marketing from dust to gold.